The Annual Arctic Bicycle Club Bike Gear Swap will be held at O’Malley / AT&T Sports Pavillon in South Anchorage on Saturday April 9th, 2015 from 1:30 to 4pm on the southern court side.
This is a no commission, open to the public, no check-in, you buy and sell your self swap meet style.
No drop off off and consignment service will be offered. Sellers are responsible for keeping track of their own goods.
Plan to use cash. No ATM on site, but there are several located near by. Some seller may accept credit cards.
All items being sold must be Cycling / Bicycling related and assumed to be sold as-is.
- OK: Cycling or Cross Sport Clothing, Bikes, Tricycles, Gear, Components / Parts / Accessories, Bike Racks, Tools, Action Cameras, trainers..etc.
- Not OK: Skis, Camping, Firearms, Knives, Boating, other ‘general’ outdoor equipment, and absolutely no household goods.
More info to come in coming weeks.
AT&T Sports Pavilion, 11051 S Center Dr, Anchorage, AK 99515 (click on link for Google Maps to get directions).
This is located behind Alaska Club South and across from Lowes in South Anchorage between the Old Seward and Seward Hwy’s at O’malley Road.
O'Malley / AT&T Sports Pavillion
Annual ABC Membership Meeting October 20th, 2015 6:00pm at Guidos!
The Arctic Bicycle Club will hold its annual membership meeting on Tuesday, October 20, 2015, at Guido’s Pizza on International Airport Road at 6:00 pm.
The meeting is open to all ABC members, and is a time to share with the Board of Directors any thoughts, concerns, suggestions, or requests you have concerning the Club. Each of the Club’s divisions (road/cyclocross, mountain, recreational) will give a recap of the 2015 season and what to expect for 2016. The membership will also elect a seventh member to the Board of Directors to join the other six members (two from each division) selected by each of the divisions. Free Pizza and Soda! Alcohol on your own. Join us for some cycling comradery and catch up on what’s been happening in the Club!
ABC Board of Directors
Just 3 days away! Where is everyone?
Don’t procrastinate – Come on!
Register now and check it off your “to do” list!
This event typically has 75+ racers – we are only at 21 right now – really?
The Race Bible contains very detailed information on each stage of the race.
Print the bible off and keep it with you!
Additional details below:
- Registration: Online registration will close on Wednesday, August 5th at 9:00pm. You may register for the entire series and/or individual races. Online registration will remain open for individual events until 9:00pm the evening prior to an individual event.
- Series registration includes the Tour banquet on Sunday, 8/9 and participant swag.
- Single Event Participation: For all divisions, riders may participate in single events, however only racers who complete all stages will be eligible for GC awards.
- Awards: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given for all divisions (Men & Women). Racers must complete the entire series to qualify for awards. New this year – $1,500 Cash Prize Purse!
Banquet & Awards
Sunday, August 9th, 5:00 PM at Hilltop Chalet
Included with series registration
Family and friend welcome – this is always a great time!
$10 per person not registered in the series (kids 12 and under free)
Join us for good eats & beverages (beer too!). Final awards will be presented and there will be schwag! We need an early head-count for the Banquet – please register additional attendees at one of the races.
Volunteers Needed – Please!
This event could not happen without our great volunteers. We are in need of a few volunteers to assist with timing, course flagging and more. If you are interested please email the race directors.
BONUS – if you volunteer next latte is on us – compliments of Kaladi Brothers Coffee! Help at 2 or more races and come to the banquet on us!
Tour of Anchorage Volunteer needs:
Point Woronzof Prologue – 4
Upper Potter Hill Climb – 2
Point MacKenzie TT – 1
Point MacKenzie RR – 1
MLK Circuit – 1