Author Archives: chris
Just 3 days away! Where is everyone?
Don’t procrastinate – Come on!
Register now and check it off your “to do” list!
This event typically has 75+ racers – we are only at 21 right now – really?
- Registration: Online registration will close on Wednesday, August 5th at 9:00pm. You may register for the entire series and/or individual races. Online registration will remain open for individual events until 9:00pm the evening prior to an individual event.
- Series registration includes the Tour banquet on Sunday, 8/9 and participant swag.
- Single Event Participation: For all divisions, riders may participate in single events, however only racers who complete all stages will be eligible for GC awards.
- Awards: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given for all divisions (Men & Women). Racers must complete the entire series to qualify for awards. New this year – $1,500 Cash Prize Purse!
KINCAID ROAD – ROAD RACE – BIKE FOR DUDES (and any woman who would like to too)
May 2, 2015 – 10:00 a.m.
Weather predictions for Saturday, May 2nd could not be better, 50+ and sunny skies! That’s what we call…….Bike for Dudes time.
All is a go for tomorrow’s bike race. You ladies who are not doing the Bike for Women on Sunday are more than welcome to come out as well. Registration will remain open until 9:00 p.m. Friday (5/1) night.
It would be hard to top the Bike for Women registration numbers of 700+ but let’s give it a try………..sign up today at www.abcroadracing.com.
KULIS CRIT – postponed
1st crit of the season postponed! NO RACE on Wednesday, April, 29th.
Due to construction, the first Kulis Crit will be postponed until later in the season. The next one to two races will be moved to a new location (to be announced soon). If you are already signed up for any of these Kulis races or the Crit series your entries will transfer to the rescheduled races.
COURSE SETTER NEEDED
Interested in helping out the road race division (or know someone that is) for the season? We are looking for one more Course Setter for this season. This is a great opportunity to earn some money and have a great time with all of our fun racers.
- must have a car to carry course equipment and move around the course.
- must have a cell phone to communicate with race directors.
- must be assertive and independent to perform light flagging duties.
- requires lifting, sweeping and setting up signage.
Pay is dependent on which races worked and the course location(s).
Bike for Women Volunteers Needed! We are desperate!
(Men, that means you!)
Bike for Women is the #1 fundraiser of the Arctic Bicycle Club. It supports all the other road race events we host. We still need over 50 volunteers for the Bike for Women onSunday, May 3rd.
Specifically, we still need over 25 course volunteers to direct races and cheer them on. We are in critical need of flaggers for both the morning and afternoon shifts.
Please consider giving a bit of your day to this great event! CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER or email Kristin @ email@example.com.
The Portage Glacier Road Time Trial Saturday (TOMORROW!)- April 25!
Pick up the pace a bit and see if you can beat last week’s Moose Run TT time.
The weather’s expected to be good so what a better way to start your weekend but a nice flat, 9 mile time trial.
Race starts at 11:00 a.m. Onsite registration and SIGN IN will be available starting at 9:30 a.m. All racers must be checkin in no later than 10:30am.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW!
Race fee is $18 online (up until 9:00 pm Friday night) or $25 on day of race.
Kulis Crit (1st of a Series)
Watch Monday for updates! Why???
We got some not so good, but good news regarding Kulis that will effect the start of our Kulis Crit Series. Yesterday, we found out that they will be demobilizing a building just off the course and repaving the road. There plan was to start construction, Friday the 24th. If that’s the case we would not be able to hold the first 2-3 Crits at Kulis. We are already making plans for another location but will not be able to pull it off for the first Crit scheduled onWednesday, April 29th.
We have NOT cancelled the crit for Wednesday barring any construction postponement. If things are delayed we will still host the crit at Kulis. If in fact they are on schedule and start this weekend we will postpone the first crit to later in the season.
Stay tuned and watch for complete updates as soon as they become available.
Volunteers – We always need Volunteers too! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or a family member can help!