What a GLORIOUS racing season we had! A huge THANK YOU to all of you that raced, cheered, volunteered and were otherwise with us in spirit!
PLEASE TAKE OUR END-OF-SEASON SURVEY. Give us feedback, otherwise, we won’t know what you want!!! Super important for our planning meeting for next year, because we’re considering all sorts of radical changes. 🙂
A recap of our schedule:
- May – Arctic Valley Hill Climb
- June – 2 Kincaid XC races + 24 Hours of Kincaid
- July – 3 Kincaid XC races (one of those was held up at Hillside)
- August – 1 Kincaid XC race + 4 State Championship races in one epic weekend
AMAZING turn-out for the races this year!
- 268 racers in the Kincaid XC series
- 68 racers for the Champs series
- 71 racers for the 24 Hours of Kincaid
The Mountain Racing Division will be experiencing a fairly significant turn-over this winter, meaning that you can expect some changes for next season…
- DIVISION RACE DIRECTOR – Megan is stepping down, and we are actively seeking her replacement. This is a paid position and requires a flexible summer schedule and availability for at least 90% of the races. This is a part-time gig – about 10-25 hours per week, depending on if there is a race.
- DIVISION ASSISTANT RACE DIRECTOR – This is also a paid position and duties vary depending on what the Race Director needs help with. Again, requires a flexible summer schedule and availability for at least 70% of the races. Part-time, around 5-10 hours a week, depending.
- 24 HOURS OF KINCAID RACE DIRECTOR – This individual receives a stipend for work accomplished. Requires that you be present for the race. Responsible for everything that goes into organizing this race – planning, logisitics, advertising, media, prizes/awards, developing budget, etc…
- DIVISION BOARD MEMBERS – These positions are volunteer – no compensation, but you do get to race for free! Each board member is responsible for a different aspect of the club (permits, advertising, award & swag gathering/ordering, volunteer coordinator, website/social media, etc…). Requires you to be around for most of the summer and depending on your specific duties, will require a few hours a week.
- TRAIL CREW MEMBERS – These positions are also volunteer, but again, you get to race for free. If you like to be outside, working on the courses (design, clearing, flagging/marking, cleaning), then this is for you! It is THE BEST WAY to get to know the race courses before the race. Requires that you are around during most of the race season. About 2-6 hours on a race week.
- REGISTRATION & TIMING VOLUNTEERS – these positions are purely volunteer & involve helping with on-site registration and timing before and during each race. Usually 2-3 hours on race day. It’s nice to have a pool of folks to pick from so that you are not required to be at each race all summer. No money involved, just lots of good karma + you get to hang out with really awesome folks.
If you are interested in becoming more involved in the mountain biking community, specifically the MTB racing community, this is the BEST way! All you have to do is send Megan an email telling her what you are interested in and she will get back to you! There will be a “welcome new folks!” meeting sometime in early October where we will all figure out who is going to tackle what. EMAIL: email@example.com
- PLEASE TAKE OUR END-OF-SEASON SURVEY. Give us feedback, otherwise, we won’t know what you want!!! Super important for our planning meeting for next year, because we’re considering all sorts of radical changes. 🙂
- Like us on Facebook.
- Email the race director if you are interested in being a part of the MTB crew: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!