2014 Mt. Bike Race Season Schedule Up
- Kincaid XC #4 will be held up on the Hillside Trails. Map and race info when we get closer. This race will be an unofficial prelude to the Singlespeed World Championships, which are being held here in Anchorage July 18-20!
- Race categories will remain the same, but with two additions: Open Singlespeed (M/F, 2 laps only, must have only ONE gear), Open Fat Tire (M/F, 2 laps only, rims must be 70mm or larger)
- We’ve decided to merge the Beginner category with the Short Course category – now all racers in the beginner or short course category will race on a course that is as equally long as the “long” or “advanced” course, but the most technical sections will be bypassed.
- For the Kincaid Series, the 24 Hour race and the Championships: awards will be given to the first place racers in each category, but the top 3 racers in each category will be recognized on the official, super awesome, ABC Mountain Racing Division podium.
- ASSISTANT RACE DIRECTOR: this is a paid position! You must be available for at least 80% of the Kincaid Series races and ALL of the State Champs races. You will be paid a per race “stipend” depending on your level of involvement. Duties to include: race registration & timing, advertising, volunteer coordination, involvement in race-day prep, and being Megan’s right-hand man (or woman). Please email Megan if interested. This would be a great job for a high school student that has a car!
- Board Members: you get to plan the courses and be an integral part of the team of folks that makes these races happen. You race for free and get little perks here and there… contact us for more info.
- We need volunteers for course clearing and marking. Please either email the race director HERE or leave a message on our Facebook page. If you help, you race for free. BOOM!