What a community we live in!
The Jeff Dusenbury Glen Alps registration was THE LARGEST event registration to date. Thank you to all of you.
Talk about an impression. Nearly 180 people have registered in memory of Jeff. All proceeds for this event will buy helmets for the kids at the Girls and Boys Club Alaska in Jeff’s honor. If you haven’t registered you still have time to do so. Registration will be open for another week.
Thank you again for thinking of Jeff in this way!
Elmendorf Time Trial – Thursday, July 31st – same course as the Spring Stage Series course. This is a FUN and fast course. Registration is now open.
Hope Road Time Trial & Road Race – Sunday, August 3rd (10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.)
Wanna really see how tough you are? You can do the Soggy Bottom on Saturday and the Hope Road TT & RR on Sunday! Now that could be an epic weekend.
Sign up for the Hope Double (the TT & RR) and get at deal at just $30.00 (online through Saturday, July 2nd at 9 p.m.) or $40.00 onsite day of. Can’t race both races on Sunday? come on out and do just one – regular race fees apply.
Changes in the Road Racing Schedule
Due to several conflicting events the following races have been changed:
- Alask State Tri – August 10th. This race has been cancelled but the Tri Club has several other events taking place that day. See the Tri Club’s FB page for details.
- Kulis Crit – moved to August 20th (this one was added and scheduled for 8/21; however that is the start of the Mt. Bike Championships so we moved it back a day)
- Glen Alps Hill Climb – rescheduled to August 28th
- Triple Hill Climb – moved to September 7th (this one was schedule for 8/24 which is also during the Mt. Bike Championships)
- Mt. Bike Championships – August 21 – 24 – see arcticbikeclub.org for details
Tour of Anchorage – August 14th – 17th
- Upper Potter Valley Hill Climb (all the way to the top) – August 14th
- Kincaid Loop Circuit Race – August 15th
- Pt. MacKenzie 25K Time Trial – August 16th
- Pt. MacKenzie Road Race – August 16th
- MLK Blvd. Circuit Race – August 17th
- TOA Banquet – August 17th
Complete TOA bible can be found at abcroadracing.com and an email will go out tonight with more details!
ANCHORAGE TO SEWARD – August 31st
There are so many ways you can go with this course…….as an individual, a 2 person, 3 person or 4 person team (racing as team – it can be all female, all male or a coed team). It’s your pick!
114 Miles – 9 legs – Lots of Fun!
August 31st – 8:00 a.m. start
Anchorage – Seward event details will be posted soon and registration will open in the next week! Look for email announcement when it’s available.
- Individuals: $40 online ($50 day of registration)
- Teams: $30 per rider online ($40 day of registration)
CHAD HOEHNE – many of may have heard but another of our racers was involved in an accident. Chad Hoehne had a head on collision (on his bike) on the Bird to Gird trail just over a week ago. Chad was medivaced to Seattle where he has undergone several surgeries over the last week. Chad severed his spinal cord in the accident (among other internal injuries) and is currently paralyzed from the chest down. We are sure Chad would appreciate knowing how supportive our biking community is by sending him our well wishes. For more information on Chad’s recovery you can visit: caring bridge.org/visit/chadhoehne.